Members of Live DMA are national or regional association representing the interests of live music venues, clubs and/or festivals. Since 2016, Live DMA also welcomes associate members into the network. Members and associate members agree with Live DMA’s ethic charter, benefit from the network’s outreach and activities.
Live DMA Membership in a nutshell
- You have the right to vote during the General Assembly an, hence, be part of Live DMA’s strategic orientations.
- Your association will be represented by Live DMA at European Commission meetings.
- You will benefit from recognition on a European level.
- You receive a bi-monthly internal newsletter about European actions, programmes, and policies, as well as about LiveDMA activities.
- You have access to internal communication tools to exchange with other members on challenges that you are facing, to share your news and promote your activities.
- You can benefit from Live DMA’s data collection methodology The Survey.
- You will receive support and resources in order to implement the Open Club Day movement within your network.
- You can benefits from networking opportunities within the Live DMA network.
- You can benefit from free or reduced accreditation access to networking events and festivals.
- You can take part in Live DMA activities (working groups, panels) and host Live DMA meetings with a European delegation.
- Travel & accommodation for Live DMA meetings and activities part of the Live Style Europe project are covered.
Annual membership fee: 2000 €
Status and advantages as associate member:
Since 2016 and as part of our capacity-building programme Live Style Europe, Live DMA supports the structuration of regional and national associations in countries where live music venues, clubs, and festivals do not have a representative structure yet. For a limited time-span (discussed during the application process), associate members can benefit from the same advantages as Live DMA members without paying a membership fee.
However, associate members do not have the right to vote during the General Assembly and cannot take part in the strategic orientations of the network.
An associate member will always have the aspiration to become a (full) Live DMA member.
Associate members can be:
- National or regional live music associations that have been recently created and that are not yet formally structured (legal statuts are not declared yet, economic model has not been elaborated yet)
- A venue or another live music institution that is “isolated” in a small country or in a country where there is no representative live music association yet.
1 | Two meetings with the Live DMA board & coordination team
Live DMA is a close relations network, it is important to get to know the fellows and see if your interest/issues match with the network aims.
2 | Agree with the Live DMA ethical charter
Live DMA is a value driven organisation. When joining the network, you agree to the network’s ethic charter. You can read and download the ethical charter here.
3 | Application form & motivation letter
Write down your motivations to join Live DMA and fill in the application form that you can download here. We might ask you to provide additional documents such as your legal statutes and activity reports.
4 | Approval
The board members vote for new memberships during monthly board meetings. Once integrated, the new member pays a proportional membership fee and can participate at the network’s activities. The yearly General Assembly confirms the approval of the board and new members will be able to vote after this confirmation.
If you are interested in becoming a Live DMA member of if you want to learn more about the associate member status, you can contact the Live DMA coordination office.
© Photos: Armando Ruah; Primavera Pro 2017