Live DMA is looking for representatives of live music venues in Europe to test-drive our Try-Angle tool for audience development. Deadline to answer the call is set on July 11th, but can be extended upon request. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us build a tool for audience development for live music venues in Europe.
Are you working in a live music venue and want to meet other live music professionals in Europe? Do you want to join a collective effort towards a more inclusive live music scene? Are you interested in building a tool for audience development before it is available to other venues in Europe? Then, join the Try-Angle experimentation!
The Try-Angle, a tool to build new audiences
All around Europe, live music venues are doing a wonderful job in finding ways of building new audiences to make live music open to as many people as possible. Diversity is a value dear to many live music professionals’ hearts.
Together with live music professionals, Live DMA, the European network for live music associations, has built the Try-Angle: a step-by-step method that helps beginning and experienced live music professionals build new audiences.
The first prototype of the tool is ready. It is a flowchart that helps organization discover challenges and opportunities for audience development in their own venue. Over the next 2 years, we want to test-drive this prototype with real music venues, real music events and real audiences.
And that’s where WE NEED YOU!
The Try-Angle experimentation process will offer 17 live music professionals the time and resources to take a step back and find new perspectives.
After two years of the pandemic, the live music sector is struggling to get back to normal. Reaching audiences has become more difficult. At the same time, there is a clear feeling that people want to belong to a music scene, not just buy tickets.
The time to experiment and step out of our comfort zone is now.
Do you want to be part of the European team of music venues that test-drives the Try-Angle? You would help us fine-tune this method before it is available to other music venues.
In practice: you will join like-minded live music professionals to major European music conferences and showcase festival and work together on audience development strategies, based on our Try-Angle prototype method. Then, you back home to test these strategies, before bringing back your findings to the rest of the group.
This experimentation process is a good opportunity for live music professionals to explore the community potential of their live music scene by putting the audience at the center of their work.
Are you interested in this unique experience and opportunity? Find how to apply on the following page!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Networking opportunities with other venues in Europe;
- 4 in-person meetings in different European cities and international music conferences (accommodation and travel covered by Live DMA, possibility of free accreditations for the international music conferences and showcase concerts);
- A space for reflection and action with regards to inclusive audience development practices;
- A long-term framework to work on your audience development actions;
- Privileged exchanges and feedbacks from other venues in Europe;
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Representatives of venues in Europe active since 2018 at least (1 person per venue; can hold any position within the venue but must have quite some knowledge about the venues’ functioning and philosophy)
- The venue must have some previous experience with regards to audience development actions
- The representative of the venue must be available for travelling during the 4 in-person Try-Angle meetings as well as some time in-between the meetings to develop audience development actions within your venue
Download the PDF to read the full call and learn how to apply: