Since July 2012 Thore Debor is managing director of Hamburg’s local music venue and event organizer lobby group, Clubkombinat Hamburg e.V. He also helped building up the structures of LiveKomm‘s Hamburg office, which is the federal association for music venues in Germany. Today he is also speaker of their working group Kulturraumschutz, which deals with all topics regarding the protection of music venues from expulsion and loss. Before that, he was responsible for building up a local Hamburg club called klubsen for three years and earlier another one in Lüneburg called Salon Hansen.
Thore Debor studied Applied Cultural Sciences at the Leuphana University in Lüneburg, started the annual lunatic festival at the local campus in 2003 and taught project management at the same university to empower students to organize the festival themselves.
- Founded and operates Clubstiftung“ – a non-profit foundation for local and privately run music venues, which offers structural support programs like the Live Concert Account and also temporary investment loans for venue improvements, mainly in the sector of technical infrastructure, energy saving measures and soundproofing.
- Founded and operates Hamburg’s own ticketing label FairTix in cooperation with http://tixforgigs.com. Advantages are 50% less ticketing fees, no additional mailing fees and 1€ per Ticket for the foundation’s support programme.
- Initiated local cooperation projects for energy efficiency measures. Worked out a special venue plan with energy supplier Greenpeace Energy. Also initiated a cooperation for energy-saving counseling at the venues with a local expert. Counseling costs are subsidized by the foundation.
- Created an event database for all venues and event organizers unionized in Clubkombinat.
- Created an app for presenting those dates, venue informations, blog content and more (Download and Information: http://app.clubkombinat.de).
- Organized a cooperation with the local event database of Hamburg to spread those dates digitally on many different platforms all over the city and surrounding areas.
- Created different posters and a monthly booklet under the label Clubplan as a community based advertising tool, where adverts and spots can be booked for a comparably cheap price. Clubplan products are presented in specially targeted spots for a live music audience.
- Created a digital map and a printed map poster of all venues currently unionized in Clubkombinat.
- Initiated further cooperation with insurers, a law counselor and technical suppliers.
- Started, together with the foundation, a workshop and counseling programme for music event organizers with changing relevant topics presented by specialized experts called Club Academy