As part of the European Music Council (EMC) board, Live DMA supports the decision taken by EMC members to take action to reduce the effects of the climate crisis the world currently faces.
In the frame of the EMC Annual Meeting of 27 September 2019, the EMC members unanimously decided that EMC will take action in its activities to help achieve a climate neutral world by mid-century as enshrined in the Paris Agreement.
Since its Annual Meeting in June 2017, the EMC reflected on the Climate Neutral Now initiative of UNFCCC, and the EMC aims at joining this campaign during the 10th European Forum on Music in June 2020 in Bonn, which will focus on “Climate Action: Music as a Driver for Change”.
Already now, EMC is raising awareness for a more sustainable behaviour in the music sector:
- Tips for office and event management
- Session on “Global Warming Awareness” at the 9th European Forum on Music
- A collection of useful ideas and links in the STAMP toolbox
- Dedicated activities within Erasmus+ funded SHIFT project, starting in December 2019
- Many EMC members already have a greater awareness of environmental challenges, you will find their initiatives here.
Music can be a Driver for Change – let us use this potential to raise awareness for environmental challenges.